Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lord, we will lift up our eyes....

This, my most favorite life scripture/prayer, was imprinted forever in my heart in October 1974; when I met the Person of the Holy Spirit personally during a very difficult circumstance in my life.  Having found over the many years since, that when facing a seemingly insurmountable mountain...I have but to turn my spirit and faith toward the strengthening truth of Psalm 121 (KJV):
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.  He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.  Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.  The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."
This chapter has kept me through some of the darkest and harshest steps of the journey. I love what the chapter theme in the New Living Translation Bible says, "We can depend upon God for help. Pilgrims must travel through lonely country to their destination; they are protected, not by anything created, but by the Creator of everything." <Page 978>
It is my prayer today, that we will all look unto God for help, and find that He is all we'll ever need.  God 
bless and keep you strong and encouraged today and always. 
**A beautiful song video here to bless you by Whitney Houston, entitled "I Look to You", sung by Kim Burrell & Whitney.  Hope you Enjoy!

Praying for you,
Theresa
Photo (c)