Tuesday, March 22, 2011

'Crucified With Christ'....What Does It Mean For Us?

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you for all that you have done for us. Thank you for taking the punishment for our sins and paying the penalty of death that we might live by your Spirit now and for all eternity. Thank you Father for your amazing grace and the salvation it has brought. Help me in my daily life to crucify my flesh and love those I can see, touch and serve. Lord Jesus, I love you, help me to live like I do. In Your Name I pray and ask it all. Amen.
<^><^><^>
Recently while praying and expressing my love for God.  The Lord showed me that in my heart I was still carrying feelings of hurt, anger, offense and betrayal, and that these were not of Him! It was true! How could I say I loved God with this in my heart? This verse of scripture convicted me to examine my heart, mind and thoughts.
"If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also." 1John 4:20-21
I had to ask forgiveness, and sought the Holy Spirit to help me make amends and restore these fellowships. But how? I have to admit, I didn't know how to get started...
Then today, I came across the words, 'crucified with Christ', which caused me to pause, they sank deep within. This was how!  Paul reminds us,
"I have been 'crucified with Christ' and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
and teaches us,
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives." Galatians 5:22-25
Beloved, I am grateful the Spirit of Truth spoke to me about my sins.  If you or someone you know struggles with holding hurts, offenses or unforgiveness, repent of this, and ask Father to mend your heart and help to offer love and forgiveness instead.
In summary, as we live by the Spirit and not our flesh, we:
  •  love God, when we love our brothers/ sisters. 
  •  know that Christ lives in us.
  •  allow the Holy Spirit to produce fruit in our lives.
  •  nail (crucify) the passions and desires of our sinful nature to the cross.
  •  follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
  •  live by faith in the Son of God because Christ lives in us.
Let us pray that we are,"Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there." Galatians 5:24
Praying with/for you,
Theresa
PS: I sincerely pray this is a blessing to you and those you may send it to!